We have ten core values that guide us to what we aspire to be. They describe the atmosphere we seek to create at MiddleCross Church.
- Prayer Dependent: We believe that God desires His people to pray and that He hears and answers prayer. Therefore the ministries and activities of this church will be characterized by a reliance on prayer in the conception, planning, and implementation of all ministry activities.
- Biblically Faithful: We make Scripture the final authority. We rely on the Word of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit as our inspiration and direction. We seek to be innovative and flexible as long as we do not violate Scripture.
- Grace Oriented: We emphasize God’s unconditional acceptance and full forgiveness through Jesus Christ. We attempt to motivate people through love and encouragement rather than guilt, shame, and duty.
- Family Affirming: We aspire to provide an atmosphere which strengthens marriages and families. We are committed to a life changing youth and children’s ministry program.
- Relationally Centered: We stress healthy relationships among Christians. We emphasize Life Groups as a primary means for Christians to care for each other, develop friendships, and share their lives.
- Teamwork Ministry: We are committed to a team ministry model. We believe ministry responsibilities should be shared by everyone. We strive to establish an organization that equips and empowers every family, member, and leader.
- Culturally Relevant: We aspire to meet current needs and trends in life, by adapting ministry without compromising biblical absolutes. We are committed to clearly communicate the good news of Jesus Christ in ways our society can understand.
- Simply Structured: We assign the ultimate oversight of the church to elders and the daily operations of the church to the leadership team who are responsible to set up effective programs and processes.
- Lay Ministry: We believe that the primary responsibility of the pastor(s) and teachers in the local church is to “prepare God’s people for works of service” (Ephesians 4:12). Therefore, the ministry of MiddleCross Church will be placed as much as possible in the hands of non-vocational workers. This will be accomplished through prayer, training opportunities, and practices which encourage volunteers to have responsibility, and authority in the various ministries of the church.
- Growth Responsive: We trust God to show the church leadership, through prayer, what our facilities should be and how best to utilize them. We appreciate the advantages of a small, intimate congregation, however, we place a greater value in obedience to the command of reaching the lost and making disciples of Christ.